Thread: ORDA Update

ORDA Update

Alas…an early tale of woe.

After 5 excellent days of snowmaking (Nov 2-6), we have been forced to shut down and wait for this extended mild stretch to end. Last week, the temps were mostly in the 40s and this week we have been in the mid 50s. the highs for the next 3 days at whiteface are expected to be 53, 59, 57, respectively.

We might be able to make snow at night over the weekend on little whiteface, but that’s tenuous at the moment. The elevation there is 3676 ft. if the temps are borderline, we will entertain moving the snowmaking above 4000 ft (summit trails).

looks like snowmaking conditions will improve around Sunday or Monday. Our target opening day is nov 24 but that is fluid.

Will keep you posted.

Sandy
    Greg

Re: ORDA Update

Quote Originally Posted by Greg
    Alas…an early tale of woe.

After 5 excellent days of snowmaking (Nov 2-6), we have been forced to shut down and wait for this extended mild stretch to end. Last week, the temps were mostly in the 40s and this week we have been in the mid 50s. the highs for the next 3 days at whiteface are expected to be 53, 59, 57, respectively.

We might be able to make snow at night over the weekend on little whiteface, but that’s tenuous at the moment. The elevation there is 3676 ft. if the temps are borderline, we will entertain moving the snowmaking above 4000 ft (summit trails).

looks like snowmaking conditions will improve around Sunday or Monday. Our target opening day is nov 24 but that is fluid.

Will keep you posted.

Sandy
    "How do I hate El Nino ( when I'm stuck here in the East ), let me count the ways"!!!

As much as it sucks to hear what we all should have expected, thanks for the update.

I will continue to dare to dream, but I won't be putting the kayaks away just yet either.

Again, thanks Greg for the insider info.