Thread: Poll Results

Poll Results

Here are the poll results. Some of them are tied and in those cases, we will continue to proceed with whatever approach is currently being followed.

Should political discussion be allowed?
    Yes - 50%, No - 50%
    Action taken: None. Political discussion will not be allowed.

Is this Site Feedback and Help forum necessary?
    Yes - 50%, No - 50%
    Action taken: None. Site Feedback and Help forum will remain.

Do we need a Miscellaneous forum?
    Yes - 50%, No - 50%
    Action taken: None. Miscellaneous forum will remain.

Do we need separate trip report forums for Gore/Whiteface?
    Yes - 40%, No - 60%
    Action taken: TR forums will be deleted and threads move to the respective mountain forums.

Are the Forum Policies too restrictive?
    Yes - 12%, No - 87%
    Action taken: None. Forum Policies will remain as is.

Is preserving the link from Whiteface.com important?
    Yes - 90%, No - 9%
    Action taken: None. We will continue to strive to preserve the link from whiteface.com.

Should the word censor be enabled?
    Yes - 63%, No - 36%
    Action taken: None. Word censor will remain in place.
    Greg

Wish more people had voted. I don't know if people were aware of the polling or not. However, it is what it is. Thanks for letting us who choose to do it express are opinions on how to shape the forum.

Have you been on the hill yet?
    Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper
    Wish more people had voted. I don't know if people were aware of the polling or not. However, it is what it is. Thanks for letting us who choose to do it express are opinions on how to shape the forum.
    Likewise. I tried to bump some of the threads that were tied to no avail. Hey, I tried. The polls will remain open and if there's a big shift one way or the other, I'll make those changes...

Have you been on the hill yet?
    http://forums.alpinezone.com/11440-m...25-2006-a.html

Put together a little video:

http://www.gregblasko.com/skivids/Mount_Snow_112506.wmv
    Greg

Nice vid. You need to hit WF when/if the slides open and shoot one. One thing and this is NOT meant to criticize because it's something I myself have been trying to do better for 2 years now and that is pole planting. Your arms looked too far way from your body in that vid. You looked like you were trying to taxi for a take off. Just a suggestion and not I repeat NOT met to offend. Pole planting and looking future downhill are on my list of this to approve on this year.

That is cool. I have a camera that can take vid, I guess I better learn more about it.
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

Nice vid. You need to hit WF when/if the slides open and shoot one. One thing and this is NOT meant to criticize because it's something I myself have been trying to do better for 2 years now and that is pole planting. Your arms looked too far way from your body in that vid. You looked like you were trying to taxi for a take off. Just a suggestion and not I repeat NOT met to offend. Pole planting and looking future downhill are on my list of this to approve on this year.
    Trust me. I have no problem with constructive criticism. I've only gotten really serious about my technique the past two or three seasons; part of that is logging more days. I know first hand you can rip so I appreciate the suggestions. Funny that you picked up on the hand position. I was actually exaggerating it a bit as I'm trying to get taller (I'm normally a big time croucher) and to do so I've been trying to increase the arch in my lower back and "spread my wings" so to speak. Actually, it's interesting that both times you've seen me ski (once in person last year and now this vid) it was day one of the season. I like to think I ski better after getting a few days out... Points taken though. I need to tighten up the stance a bit. That's also clear from that vid.

Quote Originally Posted by highpeaksdrifter
    That is cool. I have a camera that can take vid, I guess I better learn more about it.
    Gonna do another video for the Hunter gathering on 12/15. You still going?
    Greg

Yes I am.
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

nice video. great choice of music too- can't go wrong with a little fuel
    Listen to the wind, It'll tell you things

constructive criticism

What helps me "stay tall" is keeping my head up and looking downhill. I only picked up on your pole planting b/c like I said that's been one of the things I've been working on now for almost 2 seasons. Can the next gathering take place on a weekend? Whiteface is never crowded on the weekends.

If you hold your hands out as if your carrying a cafateria tray with glass of milk on it, that will help with the pole plants as well as standing tall. Like you guys, it's taken alot of work to get that to come together. Actually, I don't like the word "plant", I like to think of it as a touch. By simply flicking your wrist, and touching the snow I think you'll find your timing is better and you'll get a sense of feeling "light" on your skis. Or at least that crap works for me.
    The older I get the faster I was