Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

WiFi & Lake Squalls

been getting some great lake squalls. There's about 3 more inches today at 2100 ft. ele.. Anyone know if they will be skiing top to bottom tomorrow?
    Does anyone know if they put in WiFi at the base lodge at WF? I was told last year that they were going to do it.

What's WiFi?
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

Re: WiFi & Lake Squalls

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteface Willy
    been getting some great lake squalls. There's about 3 more inches today at 2100 ft. ele.. Anyone know if they will be skiing top to bottom tomorrow?
    Does anyone know if they put in WiFi at the base lodge at WF? I was told last year that they were going to do it.
    should have top o lil face to bottom tomorrow. should have up n'way by friday. working on approach.

Quote Originally Posted by highpeaksdrifter
    What's WiFi?

Re: WiFi & Lake Squalls

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteface Willy
    i think they do have wireless access in lodge, but not positive. i though i heard they were going to charge for it, but realized that would be silly, dont know if that scrapped it or not.

WiFi

Drifter wanted to know what WiFi was....HAHAHAHAHHA

I think Drifter lives in that trailer you pass while entering into the Ausable Acres from the Town of Ausable Forks....

Re: WiFi

Quote Originally Posted by Skibum4Life
    Drifter wanted to know what WiFi was....HAHAHAHAHHA

I think Drifter lives in that trailer you pass while entering into the Ausable Acres from the Town of Ausable Forks....
    Now that's the Skibum4life I remember.

The hardest part of being a mod for me isn’t complaints, trying to make everyone happy, deleting spam, it’s trying to use restraint returning fire after taking a (good natured I'm sure) shot from a fine gentleman like this one.

BTW, I know what a wireless network is, but was unfamiliar with Wi-Fi®
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

wifi

At this time Whiteface is not going to have wifi at the base lodge, it is in the works and they are looking into several different options.

WiFi near the mountain

The nearest WiFi access point to the mountain is at the Evening Hatch* restaurant just a mile or two north on Rt. 86 in Wilmington. With my Internet access out-of-commission in Wilmington, this was a good find and prevented me from a longer trip to Lake Placid.

*used to be the Pancake Haven

Wi-Fi is actually a brand. It's like using Kleenex to mean tissues. Or Coke to mean Cola.