Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What are they blowing snow on?

Does anyone have any first hand knowledge of where the snow guns are? The web site is extremely vague as usual. It only states that "the snow guns are roaring". Doers that mean two guns on Foxlair or just those two fan guns at the base to make things look good for the camera and from the parking lot?

I don't know why they wouldn't have all of them on, unless they didn't have enough water.

Right, not enough water. Gee, when did the Hudson run dry? More that they are afraid to spend a buck. After all they already have all our season pass money and the "paying" guests won't ski before Christmas.

Doesn't matter to me, Im stuck at school till wednesday next week. At least Greek opens on saturday for my birthday. I saw a post in here saying where they were blowing snow but am too lazy to look around. I assume they'll have fox to 3A, sunway, maybe RUBY with the gondy, tripple, and maybe double open. If they are making good time showcase may be in the works
    Listen to the wind, It'll tell you things

FIST HAND KNOWLEDGE. I didn't ask for speculation.

I believe this is more than speculation.

Re: I believe this is more than speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey44
    http://news.alpinezone.com/11673/
    Thanks H, but I can't help but wonder why these press releases don't make their way here, and the Whiteface board automatically.

I could be wrong, as I so often am, but, and maybe Greg can be of some assistence here, wouldn't it be effective for both Gore, and Whiteface to post a duplicate press release to these forums, and save us all, I assume their target audience, a need to search elsewhere?

I must stress that press releases and such are Marketing and suspect. I started this thread asking for FIRST HAND KNOWLEDGE of where the snow is blowing.

Quote Originally Posted by goreviper
    I must stress that press releases and such are Marketing and suspect. I started this thread asking for FIRST HAND KNOWLEDGE of where the snow is blowing.
    Dude, ur kinda demanding don't you think? People are tryin to help you and you keep comin with this "I said first hand" take.
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

That's because I didn't ask for speculation to start with. I can theorize and speculate myself. Apparently nobady really knows for sure what is going at Gore. Just the way management there likes it.