Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lucky so far

Lucky so far

The news up hear sais it is raining but it has been all snow since 5:15 this morning. With some luck it will be all snow up at the hill up high.

Re: Lucky so far

Quote Originally Posted by tjf67
    The news up hear sais it is raining but it has been all snow since 5:15 this morning. With some luck it will be all snow up at the hill up high.
    Break out the snow dancing shoes. Please keep us posted. How's the boots? Didn't see you Saturday. Took a couple of runs with the gang. Not Willy though. He was too hung over for skiing yet managed to rally for the bar later in the day. :P T-lion almost pulled the save of the year so far. Skied about 50 ft or more on one ski but in the end took a tumble. Thank goodness the host with the most was there to help her up.
    Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love.

Webcam is not a confidence builder today so this is good to hear.

Not the whiteface base webcam but the other placid cams show new snow and that matters. Base area at whiteface is a few hundred feet lower than lake placid and hovenburg. So while base don't look great mid and up should be ok. I think this week will be about preserving what is there, getting some light wet mixed precip with a backdoor cold front keeping temps down at night. Then I think were looking for a real turn to nice winter weather around the 20th. Think temps mid 20's with lake effect.

Anybody see some guns going off the summit?

Re: Lucky so far

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper
    Quote Originally Posted by tjf67
    Break out the snow dancing shoes. Please keep us posted. How's the boots? Didn't see you Saturday. Took a couple of runs with the gang. Not Willy though. He was too hung over for skiing yet managed to rally for the bar later in the day. :P T-lion almost pulled the save of the year so far. Skied about 50 ft or more on one ski but in the end took a tumble. Thank goodness the host with the most was there to help her up.
    Was there Sat. Was a lonely ride on the double. Hung out in the snow storm over on Northway.

I was doing the same rounds myself. With the wind and cooler temps on Sat it was often only myself and a few other lone riders on the double from mid to the summit of little whiteface.

this weather sucks. I reserved a house 2 months ago to take my family for 5 days before Christmas, but with the weather like this outdoor activities are shrunk to minimum - no toboggan, unlikely snowmobilling and kids area most like will not be open

Quote Originally Posted by Denison
    this weather sucks. I reserved a house 2 months ago to take my family for 5 days before Christmas, but with the weather like this outdoor activities are shrunk to minimum - no toboggan, unlikely snowmobilling and kids area most like will not be open
    If you're talking about Kids Kampus, they will make every effort to have that open and running. Have faith.
    Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love.

Quote Originally Posted by Denison

We did not loose anything today. The hill probably had a gain. Its 33 degrees they will be turning the guns on by 8 tonight. Will blow all night.
    I am hoping for mountain run this weekend. Would not be surprised.
    Tomorrow afternoon should be sweeeaaaat

Mountain run would make this guy a very happy man. Only Skyward can let you rip turns on sustained vert like Mt Run can.