Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Gondola Ski Rack Size

I just tried my new sticks this evening and I would like to take them to Whiteface if Winter ever returns - friggin Al Roaker. These skis are pretty fat with a 124mm tail. Does anyone have any idea if the gondola ski rack is wide enough for a tail this wide?

should be fine. Don't trust fat/thin/fat al.

Re: Gondola Ski Rack Size

Quote Originally Posted by KT22
    I just tried my new sticks this evening and I would like to take them to Whiteface if Winter ever returns - friggin Al Roaker. These skis are pretty fat with a 124mm tail. Does anyone have any idea if the gondola ski rack is wide enough for a tail this wide?
    Worst case is you have to separate them but the racks should be able to handle those fat a$$ just fine. What kind of sticks you riding?
    Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love.

You can always just bring em in like I do with my snowboard almost every time. I saw a board go flying away into the woods 2 years ago and I havent left my board outside the gondi since. Not that big a deal if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider
    You can always just bring em in like I do with my snowboard almost every time. I saw a board go flying away into the woods 2 years ago and I havent left my board outside the gondi since. Not that big a deal if you ask me.
    Skis tend to be longer than boards so they don't/won't fit too well into the cabin. Plus I'm not sure if they are even allowed in. I've never heard of skis flying off the gondi. With the binding they tend to be heavier than a board and don't have as much surface area to catch the wind with.
    Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love.

gondola rack

Just take'em inside the cabin.

Re: gondola rack

Quote Originally Posted by Faceplant
    I have Atomic B11. The tails are 119. I have to put them in the slots individually and turn them on angle to get them in. Sometimes they stick and are a bitch to get out. Don't think they'll fit.
    I think if we sacrifice Al Roker to the winter gods, winter might come back!!!!!!

You could do what I saw a guy do the other day, he put his fat twin tips side by side in slot for boards. They rode up OK, that was Sat. and it was windy.

Don't worry if they don't fit, the lifties won't have a problem if you bring them inside the cabin, I have to do it all the time when they're loading eights. I can't speak for the other people taking the ride with you though.

Re: gondola rack

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteface Willy
    Quote Originally Posted by Faceplant
    I have Atomic B11. The tails are 119. I have to put them in the slots individually and turn them on angle to get them in. Sometimes they stick and are a bitch to get out. Don't think they'll fit.
    I think if we sacrifice Al Roker to the winter gods, winter might come back!!!!!!
    Thanks, If 119's are tight I don't think I'll be able to fit the 124's in the rack. These are Line Prophet 100's at 186cm so they may be to long to take into the gondola - I'll just have to take a chair up.

An interesting thing I noticed about having wide tails is that it sounds like someone is skiing right behind me all the time. This kind of freaked me out last night, it was as if I was being haunted by the ghost of Sonny Bono