Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: gondola rack

Quote Originally Posted by KT22
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteface Willy
    Quote Originally Posted by Faceplant
    Just take'em inside the cabin.
    I have Atomic B11. The tails are 119. I have to put them in the slots individually and turn them on angle to get them in. Sometimes they stick and are a bitch to get out. Don't think they'll fit.
    I think if we sacrifice Al Roker to the winter gods, winter might come back!!!!!!
    Thanks, If 119's are tight I don't think I'll be able to fit the 124's in the rack. These are Line Prophet 100's at 186cm so they may be to long to take into the gondola - I'll just have to take a chair up.

An interesting thing I noticed about having wide tails is that it sounds like someone is skiing right behind me all the time. This kind of freaked me out last night, it was as if I was being haunted by the ghost of Sonny Bono
    You can leave those in my locker for the next big dump (if we ever get one) I skied on fat boards last year in Tahoe and wanted to ski those. They will be heaven in powder. Boarders will want to convert. Not so sure how well they'll do at WF or IF.

I have Atomic B11. The tails are 119. I have to put them in the slots individually and turn them on angle to get them in. Sometimes they stick and are a bitch to get out. Don't think they'll fit.
    I think if we sacrifice Al Roker to the winter gods, winter might come back!!!!!!
    Thanks, If 119's are tight I don't think I'll be able to fit the 124's in the rack. These are Line Prophet 100's at 186cm so they may be to long to take into the gondola - I'll just have to take a chair up.

An interesting thing I noticed about having wide tails is that it sounds like someone is skiing right behind me all the time. This kind of freaked me out last night, it was as if I was being haunted by the ghost of Sonny Bono :D
    You can leave those in my locker for the next big dump (if we ever get one) I skied on fat boards last year in Tahoe and wanted to ski those. They will be heaven in powder. Boarders will want to convert. Not so sure how well they'll do at WF or IF.
    Didn't want to be the buzzkill on this point myself, so, as usual, thanks WW. I'd love it if I was proven stupid wrong on this one, but may I suggest that you might want to show up with an alternate stick just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by NPN

An interesting thing I noticed about having wide tails is that it sounds like someone is skiing right behind me all the time. This kind of freaked me out last night, it was as if I was being haunted by the ghost of Sonny Bono
    Didn't want to be the buzzkill on this point myself, so, as usual, thanks WW. I'd love it if I was proven stupid wrong on this one, but may I suggest that you might want to show up with an alternate stick just in case.
    Actually, these skis carve remarkably well on hard pack and corn as I was surprised to discover yesterday. I bought them specifically for trips out west. Last year I went out west with a pair of Solomon 1080 foils, which proved to be a little light for the deep stuff. These sticks should take some of the sweat out of riding powder. If they did OK at Holiday Valley, I think these skis will work fine at WF, although I do plan on bringing my carving skis as I think it may be tiring to ride the Prophets all day.

I'm a fat ski convert (tele). My one pair does it all now. Even ice with my new pair. Been on original jaks for four seasons, not great on hard pack/ice. They were difficult to get in slots. This season will be on team jaks, solid and torsionally stiff carvers. Got to use them end of last season. They do not fit in the holders. I love when the lifty (newbee) takes them from me and tries to fit them in the slots for me.

Yes I get the usual comments, "where's the pow dude". "when I was out west" bla bla bla

They are soooo stable and damp, they have nice leverage too. Edge is on the side off foot verses inside on skiiny skiis. Only debate worthy is they do not transition from edge to edge quick, true. But my style is gs to super g sized turns no poles, knees and hands skimming the snow, that's when I'm going foward. If you've seen somebody carving highspeed switch on tele's down mountain or sky that's me.

Quote Originally Posted by frashdog
    I'm a fat ski convert (tele). My one pair does it all now. Even ice with my new pair. Been on original jaks for four seasons, not great on hard pack/ice. They were difficult to get in slots. This season will be on team jaks, solid and torsionally stiff carvers. Got to use them end of last season. They do not fit in the holders. I love when the lifty (newbee) takes them from me and tries to fit them in the slots for me.

Yes I get the usual comments, "where's the pow dude". "when I was out west" bla bla bla

They are soooo stable and damp, they have nice leverage too. Edge is on the side off foot verses inside on skiiny skiis. Only debate worthy is they do not transition from edge to edge quick, true. But my style is gs to super g sized turns no poles, knees and hands skimming the snow, :lol: that's when I'm going foward. If you've seen somebody carving highspeed switch on tele's down mountain or sky that's me.
    Again, to each his own, but don't even start to assume that a 100+ underfoot is going to react in hardpack the same way a 60-70 platform will. Otherwise, Bode, and company would be throwing down powder boards around the World Cup circuit.

Enjoy your one ski quiver, but don't kid yourself for one second that your Utah deep stick will perform anywhere near as well in the conditions that you'll find around Whiteface anywhere in the near future.

They are soooo stable and damp, they have nice leverage too. Edge is on the side off foot verses inside on skiiny skiis. Only debate worthy is they do not transition from edge to edge quick, true. But my style is gs to super g sized turns no poles, knees and hands skimming the snow, that's when I'm going foward. If you've seen somebody carving highspeed switch on tele's down mountain or sky that's me.
    Again, to each his own, but don't even start to assume that a 100+ underfoot is going to react in hardpack the same way a 60-70 platform will. Otherwise, Bode, and company would be throwing down powder boards around the World Cup circuit.
    Yea ...I don't think I did even start too assume.... like I already mentioned, narrower waist skis have quicker edge to edge perfomance. That would be why racers use them? I do have a few years of alpine racing background.

My current fats will hold edge on hard pack at speed as well as any of the "old school" narrow waisted race skis I've owned/demoed. A few years ago fats were designed for pow and mostly pow, my original jaks were them, weak and worthless on hard stuff or at high speeds. I could twist the skis hard and raise the tips when weighting tails of the outside ski in hard turns. Now the new school of all mountain rippers demanded a wide platformed ski to handle most every condition at high speeds, thus the big stiff torsionally rigid fats. And the real powder special boards are just freaks with swallow tails, reverse side cuts, reverse camber, 160mm tips, 130mm waists just made for one thing.

Enjoy your one ski quiver, but don't kid yourself for one second that your Utah deep stick will perform anywhere near as well in the conditions that you'll find around Whiteface anywhere in the near future.
    Oh, I'm enjoying it. Got plenty of pairs of skis for sale now.
    Just because you can't get one of the new fats to perform for you the way you'd like doen't means others can't. You have tried a few out right, I'd assume so by your convictions on fat skis.

They are soooo stable and damp, they have nice leverage too. Edge is on the side off foot verses inside on skiiny skiis. Only debate worthy is they do not transition from edge to edge quick, true. But my style is gs to super g sized turns no poles, knees and hands skimming the snow, :lol: that's when I'm going foward. If you've seen somebody carving highspeed switch on tele's down mountain or sky that's me.
    Yea ...I don't think I did even start too assume.... like I already mentioned, narrower waist skis have quicker edge to edge perfomance. That would be why racers use them? I do have a few years of alpine racing background.

My current fats will hold edge on hard pack at speed as well as any of the "old school" narrow waisted race skis I've owned/demoed. A few years ago fats were designed for pow and mostly pow, my original jaks were them, weak and worthless on hard stuff or at high speeds. I could twist the skis hard and raise the tips when weighting tails of the outside ski in hard turns. Now the new school of all mountain rippers demanded a wide platformed ski to handle most every condition at high speeds, thus the big stiff torsionally rigid fats. And the real powder special boards are just freaks with swallow tails, reverse side cuts, reverse camber, 160mm tips, 130mm waists just made for one thing.

Oh, I'm enjoying it. Got plenty of pairs of skis for sale now.
    Just because you can't get one of the new fats to perform for you the way you'd like doen't means others can't. You have tried a few out right, I'd assume so by your convictions on fat skis.
    As I said earlier, you, as I'm sure I don't need to tell you, are entitled to your opinion, and I've got zero intention of debating this further regardless of my understanding of the current technologies, or ability to use it.

But, a number of people who may not share your supposed skill level, or desire to lumber out, read this forum, so I made the point that that wide a platform ( and the origin of this thread was based on a stick with a 124 in the tail ) might not be the perfect choice in our current snow condition.

Have a Happy Holiday!