Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NPN
    Is "Burnt Ridge" the old North Creek Snow Bowl?
    No.

Burnt Ridge is the ridge between the Ski bowl and Gore, skier left going down Twister They need to develop that first to link up the ski bowl, glad to see they dropped the idea of putting in the base to base gondola first. I spoke to an employee yesterday who claimed they also got $2M for expanded snowmaking as part of this expansion and that will make their snowmaking output comparable to Stratton.

I was just wondering if gore and the upper managment really want this expansion or its getting shoved at them by those wacky politicans. because i still think they wont be able to handle it, part of the reason i ski gore is cause its not a killing,stratton or an okemo,nice places but way way to many people. ski midweek .your ski experance will be much better than with the weekend wackpackers. as for the skitrain a total waste of money, you think gas is high,wait till you book a familyof 4 or 5 , itll be much cheapr to drive. and as far as the summit chair goes its only open fri. sat.sun. but we ski it and walk out it takes 5 to 10 minutes ,midweek

I didn't know that they dropped the base to base gondi. THAT is great. (I couldn't really make out the picture that went with the article.)

I wonder what 2M buys when you spend it on snowmaking?

M

it wont buy freezing temperatures...
    --------------------------

fight for a good park.

Good purnt Alice.

Quote Originally Posted by mattchuck2
    I do wish they could open more terrain faster. Killington has 42 trails open right now, I don't see any reason that Gore only has 4, especially with the Hudson River in the backyard.
    The top of Killington and Killington base (at least the one on the road that turns opposite rte. 100) are 1000' higher than Gore. I suspect that makes a big difference.

yup^. its colder basically. cant make snow when its 45 out...
    --------------------------

fight for a good park.

I literally can't imagine what I'd do if I was head of operations at Gore Mountain.

I think I actually may strive to be that in life....just for a few years.

If I was the head of operations

I'd look for all the brown spots during the afternoon. Then I'd set a gun up at each one. Then at night as soon as the temp went below 28 degrees I'd start blasting two guns on each spot, and I'd blast all night long, huge piles that I could spread out. Maybe I'd even get tempature sensitive switches that would start the blasting automatically. I'd ride around on a snowmobile all night long to make sure everything was going good. Then at first light, I'd rip some tracks before the mountain was open. Then I would go home an make oatmeal and go to bed.

Think I could get the job?