Thread: 12/16/06

12/16/06

Hit up the face today and had a great day. You know that shift you make early season when you get the jelly out of your knees and everything just kind of clicks again, well today was that day for me.

Whiteface had 11 trails open and the snow coverage, while thin, was amazing for what the weathers been giving them. It was raining slightly when I pulled in the lot around 845 but it was all snow above mid. Real wet snow and didnt seem to be accumulating to much. Towards midday it tapered off and the sun started to poke through but it was mostly cloudy.

Given the temperature change from the base to the summit of Little Whiteface conditions ranged from variable, to awesome corn, to mashed potatoes at the bottom. Northway had some nasty hard moguls early in the day that my girl wasnt feeling on her first day out to much so we stuck to Excelsior. Good coverage here with only a few brown spots showing. The trail of the day though was Brookside/Boreen I believe near the base all the way to the left of the terrain park. Never saw much traffic and stayed smooth and soft all day. There was a nice lip about halfway down that you could fly off as well which made it fun.

Saw HPD as well on a gondi ride which was nice. Always good to associate a name and a face. Ill be back tomorrow after what a good day today was!

Here’s a couple of pixs of the bumps on Northway Aride mentioned. They where kinda icy in the troughs, especially in the morning, softend a little in the afternoon. Lots of fun.

It was good to meet you and your girlfriend Aride, hope to see you again.

The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

You thought those were "fun" on Saturday? You're a better man than me HPD. I was on that trail 5 or 6 times Saturday but never skied it. It skied me. Rock hard, icey bumps on a trail that's been known to maime and kill people (just last year) sketches me right out!

Quote Originally Posted by highpeaksdrifter

Nice pics. Looks like fun.
    Greg

They "look" a lot nicer than they were.

Quote Originally Posted by freeheelwilly
    They "look" a lot nicer than they were.
    I'm glutton for punishment, I guess. I've found icey firm bumps to be a good way to practice them. Makes those days on hero bumps all the sweeter. Out little local hill seeds a nice bump line and being in CT it tends to stay rock hard mid-winter. When they're set up, that's the only run I ski and after 4 or 5 runs, you can start the get a rhythm.
    Greg

OMG

[quote="Greg I'm glutton for punishment, I guess. I've found icey firm bumps to be a good way to practice them. Makes those days on hero bumps all the sweeter. Out little local hill seeds a nice bump line and being in CT it tends to stay rock hard mid-winter. When they're set up, that's the only run I ski and after 4 or 5 runs, you can start the get a rhythm.[/quote]

SnowEarlySpringLate

Re: OMG

[quote=Phineas][quote="Greg I'm glutton for punishment, I guess. I've found icey firm bumps to be a good way to practice them. Makes those days on hero bumps all the sweeter. Out little local hill seeds a nice bump line and being in CT it tends to stay rock hard mid-winter. When they're set up, that's the only run I ski and after 4 or 5 runs, you can start the get a rhythm.

[/quote]
    I see you still haven't figured how to accurately quote someone...
    Greg

I'm going to lock this. I wish you guys wouldn't do this I don't have the time in work to babysit.
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.