Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

superpipe open yet?

Is the superpipe open? If not why not? The Vermont pipes have been open for a few weeks which makes me go there instead of whiteface?

look at me over here biting my tongue. See me hpd?

I wondered this last year as well. The pipe didnt open till like the end of January or beginning of Feburary. Its not like it causes any problems as its on its own seperate trail serviced by its own lift. Itd bring more people to Whiterface as well. Puzzling.

The pipe takes alot of snowmaking. It may not be a coincidence that the Mountain is skiing so good, so early this year and the pipe has yet to come on-line.

they had the whole thing filled in with snow last weekend. I bet they are cutting it as we speak.

Re: superpipe open yet?

Quote Originally Posted by bsmaven
    Is the superpipe open? If not why not? The Vermont pipes have been open for a few weeks which makes me go there instead of whiteface?
    They were probably working on getting the WHOLE mountain open first. Plus there's a bump comp coming and they've got to blow a ton of snow on Wilderness. There was a ton of snow in there last weekend so I'm sure they'll be cutting it soon. In the meantime enjoy the VT sliding.

superpipe open yet?

That's nice that they are getting the whole mountian ready but do you think that other mountains only open their pipe and not the other trails? Come on!

That's nice that they are getting the whole mountian ready but do you think that other mountains only open their pipe and not the other trails? Come on!
    I'm really not sure why the pipe opens up late. You should make a polite inquire to customer service to find out. WF really does want all skiers/riders to be happy and well served.

ski@whiteface.com or ride@whiteface.com
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

The pipe will open when they get about 3 more days of good cold weahter, it takes a while to blow 18 foot walls that are 450ft long. They also have to do repair on other trials b/c of the rain this week. On a side note they just got some new rails on Brookside: C-box. C-rail, and an S-rail. Theres also a rumor about a rainbow box being built soon.

-OUT LIKE YOUR HAIR DEW-

Would you rather have a pipe and 20 trails or no pipe and 70 trails? I'd say that most boarders would be willing to wait for the pipe and enjoy the variety of terrain 70 trails offers. Plus if you REALLY REALLY need to ride in a pipe, you've got VT.