Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Something positive

Give me a positive weather report for this Saturday even if it's a lie. Can't deal with this weather much longer without self medicating. Wife hid my Jack Daniels to boot.
    Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love.

It's not bad there now. Nice mid 30's for highs and extremely low night time temps for snowmaking.

Re: Something positive

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper
    Give me a positive weather report for this Saturday even if it's a lie. Can't deal with this weather much longer without self medicating. Wife hid my Jack Daniels to boot. :twisted:
    JtR, just don't get the trauma, it's forecasted to be 41 max in town Saturday ( please refer to conversion thread for mountain actual ), so, I don't get your distress.

Take a look at last weekend; Saturday was on the forecast for mid 40's, and we got snow all day long at the mountain, and it was feeling full on mid-Winter from start to ( and even colder at ) finish.

Regardless, it's Xmas weekend, you gotta' hedge to the miracle, or you just ain't a believer.

if you want a miracle ask santa for a delayed present that comes in the form of snow on 12/26 - 12/28. Models all over the place. A few runs yesterday had at least 8in for the adirondacks. Today models don't even have the storm. Not really surprising that storms appear and disappear as this pattern is hard to predict. The fact is that the chance is there and it's been shown for like a week.

I've been watching that too. Here's what the 10:00pm Burlington NWS 4cast discussion had to say last night:

ADDL SRN STREAM ENERGY ALONG THE
    WESTERN GULF COAST TO PUSH NORTHEAST MONDAY NIGHT INTO TUESDAY AND
    POTENTIALLY HAVE SOME DEGREE OF PHASING WITH ACTIVE NRN STREAM
    TROUGH. MODELS/ENSEMBLES HAVE SHOWN QUITE A BIT OF UNCERTAINTY ON
    EVENTUAL INTERACTION BETWEEN THE STREAMS...QUITE TYPICAL UNDER
    SPLIT FLOW REGIMES. ATTM WILL PLAY CONSERVATIVE IDEA OF INTRODUCING
    CHC -SHSN LATE MONDAY NIGHT SOUTH...AND AREA WIDE TUE/TUE NT WITH A
    CONSENSUS OFFSHORE SOLN OF SFC LOW NEAR THE BENCHMARK. SOUNDING
    PROFILES WOULD SUGGEST ANY PCPN THAT DOES OCCUR SHOULD FALL
    PRIMARILY AS SNOW. AFTERWARDS WILL ADVERTISE A GENERAL DECREASE IN
    AREAL COVERAGE OF PCPN...WITH ANY ACCUM LIGHT SHSN ACTIVITY BECOMING
    CONFINED PRIMARILY TO THE NRN MTNS BY DAY 7.

The 3:00am this morn was not quite that good. I'm waitin to see the mid-morn discussion, due any minute, to see what the models are doing. Like you said, they're all over the place but as we get closer they'll dial in. Fingers crossed.

Yea if you look at the storm track predicted over the last 48 hrs this storm was predicted to do all of the following:
    Slide off the coast with nothing for the adirondacks, turn north and bomb south of albany, slid over NYC and hammer the adirondacks, not phase into anything and slide off, and now the GFS ha brought it back over NYC with snow, to heavy snow to light mixed, to snow from the 26-27.
    So....who knows.

Moreover this weekend there will be a storm that could bring severe wintry mix/ice to the area or could bring light rain or snow. I really have no idea. I'm leaning towards freezing rain myself so becareful out there.

Quote Originally Posted by NPN
    Give me a positive weather report for this Saturday even if it's a lie. Can't deal with this weather much longer without self medicating. Wife hid my Jack Daniels to boot.
    JtR, just don't get the trauma, it's forecasted to be 41 max in town Saturday ( please refer to conversion thread for mountain actual ), so, I don't get your distress.

Take a look at last weekend; Saturday was on the forecast for mid 40's, and we got snow all day long at the mountain, and it was feeling full on mid-Winter from start to ( and even colder at ) finish.

Regardless, it's Xmas weekend, you gotta' hedge to the miracle, or you just ain't a believer.
    This is want I'm stressing about "friday night ice/sleet/freezing rain to rain on sat. then back to snow showers at night through the rest of the week."

I'm not a believer. Santa's dead man and global warming is killing what's left of my soul. WHERE MY JACK DANIELS WOMAN??????????
    Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love.

I'm not a believer. Santa's dead man and global warming is killing what's left of my soul. WHERE MY JACK DANIELS WOMAN??????????

Quote Originally Posted by freeheelwilly
    I'm not a believer. Santa's dead man and global warming is killing what's left of my soul. :twisted: WHERE MY JACK DANIELS WOMAN?????????? :twisted: :twisted:
    That is funny, thanks for the chuckle!

they are saying maybe a storm tuesday? its too far away to tell they say. i think its a bunch of bs.