Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Favorite Run From Little WF

Mine is Upper and Lower Mac. It’s steep, technical, long and gets bumped up large. How about you?
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

Upper Mac is probably my favorite trail on the entire mountain. Lowers not bad either but I do snowboard so the bumps arent the end all be all of skiing to me. Mt. Run is tough to beat though. Always has some of the best snow on the mountain, sustained vertical, and even allows you to showcase for the guys on the lift. Hell they had the Olympic slalom and GS on it in 1980, its gotta be pretty good.

I'm with ya'. Empire's fun but rarely open.

Off of little whiteface it is def. approach to mt. run or approach to wilderness. Just love the big carving turns you make on those runs.
    I want to ski parkway and thruway more this time up there. Last time i hit them both up and they were nice but hard as cement.

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider
    Mt. Run is tough to beat though. Always has some of the best snow on the mountain, sustained vertical, and even allows you to showcase for the guys on the lift. Hell they had the Olympic slalom and GS on it in 1980, its gotta be pretty good.
    The lift towers (two sets!) and all the other infrastructure on that slope are exactly what I don't like about it. Too much "visual clutter" - you can even see the big ol' mid-station at the bottom and the two ugly lift shacks at the top. Gimmee a cool steep trail that winds through the woods with different twists and exposures any day. IMO, trails like Mountain Run are what's wrong with in-bounds/resort skiing - not the other way around. ymmv.

Raven haven all the way down. zip down to glades next to wilderness take them all the way down till you pop out onto wilderness.

Empire is right up there. Good place to go when you need a reason to get new skiis.

Any trail that has snowmaking on it. Wilderness is great when they are making snow.

Re: Favorite Run From Little WF

Quote Originally Posted by highpeaksdrifter
    Mine is Upper and Lower Mac. It’s steep, technical, long and gets bumped up large. How about you?
    I can see why someone who is a little older prefers this route. HAHA MERRY X-MAS

Re: Favorite Run From Little WF

Quote Originally Posted by tjf67
    I can see why someone who is a little older prefers this route. HAHA MERRY X-MAS
    Ahhh... I said trail wise guy I'll ski Revan's withya this year and try not to hold you up too much.

Quote Originally Posted by freeheelwilly
    I like Empire alot, but when it is open the trees are open too and I'd rather ski them. I always get a couple in on Empire though.

Quote Originally Posted by freeheelwilly
    I like Empire alot, but when it is open the trees are open too and I'd rather ski them. I always get a couple in on Empire though.
    Other than the lower angle "beginner trees" like High Country Glades, the snow has to be very nice, turny and soft for me to do anything but survive in the tighter steeper stuff like Cloudsplitter and Tenth Mountain Division. BUT I do have new boots this year that rock and will soon have my new skis mounted with KILLER bindings so this could be my year in there. We'll see. When the snow's really nice, I can play in there (or at least I have).