WHITEFACE WEATHER

I'm going up to whiteface on the 28th and stayting at whiteface chalet. How many trails do you think will be open there at this time? The other day when they got 2 inches it said that it was only suppose to be snow showers, do you think that the rain that is approching whitface for saturday will be snow up in the mountain?

Any information on my lodging, ski conditions or places to eat around the Chalet would be very helpful

Re: WHITEFACE WEATHER

Quote Originally Posted by kachel123
    I'm going up to whiteface on the 28th and stayting at whiteface chalet. How many trails do you think will be open there at this time? The other day when they got 2 inches it said that it was only suppose to be snow showers, do you think that the rain that is approching whitface for saturday will be snow up in the mountain?

Any information on my lodging, ski conditions or places to eat around the Chalet would be very helpful
    Not supposed to snow saturday, supposed to rain. they seem pretty positive about that, but you never know with the mountains..it could change over. its happened before. Keep your eyes on the storm brewing for day after christmas. they are a little non-commital now, but could be big. skiing weatherman called it a few weeks ago.

You should call coca-cola snow phone for condits--the number is posted all over this forum.

as far as eats--mcdougals and hungry trout, wilderness, steinhoffs are all in Wilmington. they are all good. also can take a drive into LP for a wider range of options. here is a link that had menus of restaurants on it. http://www.adirondackdailyenterprise...g/ncdining.asp