Don't spend your life waiting for the perfect day...........

When I was a kid, there was no long range forecast, there was no weather channel. We picked our vacation weeks and come hell or high water we were there rain or shine or snowstorm. We made the best of it under whatever mother nature dealt us. Some of my most favorite family vacations were when the weather sucked, Noreasters in North Carolina, rain for a week straight while camping in the summer, less that optimal snow conditions.

The thing I remember most was not how much the weather sucked, but how much fun we had finding things to do as a family. We discovered museums, had fun arts and crafts, played cards and board games when we couldn't be outside. But for the majority of the time my parents would say "so what if it is raining, put your hood up you are not going to melt"

When we were racing cross country crews would be shoveling snow onto the trail in front of us, and we still had a great time competing in a fun outdoor sport and we made the best of it.

Our family grew up with the attitude, we would rather spend a week with family on vacation over a week with family watching tv complaining about how much the weather sucked that we had to stay home.

If you spend your life waiting and watching......you spend your life waiting and watching.

But now, I go out and just ski. Rain(...uh, this weekend) or snow or even sun.

Yet...I'm a full advocate of using the technology to get some good storms. Weather chanel, NOAA, accu, long ranges, 36-hour precip map, it's all in the mix.

I use it to get myself stoked, but I'll still ski....