Anyone ski today 12/26/06

If so fill us in on crowd, snowmaking etc.
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

Re: Anyone ski today 12/26/06

Quote Originally Posted by highpeaksdrifter
    If so fill us in on crowd, snowmaking etc.
    I'm going nuts at my inlaws house. I check the ORDA webcams a couple times a day between beers. Looks sad!!!! No one in line and lots of brown at the base. The trail condition page has nothing new open. 4-8 in. perdicted for tonight, hopefully!!!! See you Thursday. Long drive tomorrow

I was expecting 1-3 inches of soft, and then continuious "heavy snow" all day, according to NOAA.

What I got, was rain, freezing rain mid-mid-mountain, and some snow up top. Oh lots of fog too, lots of that...35 degrees just so it wouldn't clear up or actually snow.

I actually had a real good time, and there were some soft patches that resulted in much fun, but for the most part, lots of wetness.

Crowd wasn't bad, slow-ski family ski zones as usual bottlenecked, and there MUST have been two or three tour buses filled with an Asian-Persuasion, because, quite frankly, they ruled the mountain today. Salomons/Snowbladers and all...

The park was a 10 foot flat box, 20ish foot down box(set up wackkkkk) and the rollercoaster box which is crazy hard for skiers, it begs to be 50-50'ed.

That was pretty much the day.

there is another flat box (no idea how long...20?) and a C-box off of Boreen. Those are actually more fun than the ones on Lower Valley. Skin conditions very close to what Tmorry described though. Also, the big snowfal from last night didn't materialize and they only got a dusting overnight (it seems) I was going to go today but I guess I'll pass until they blow more snow in favorable conditions