where is the storm?

I'm up in Plattsburgh and I was getting ready to wake up and have to shovel away this morning (dec 27). Needless to say, the new cover equals in density to that of the sugar on a diabetics cake. I'm hard pressed to believe that Whiteface got the announced 5 inches (the conservative forecast). Even their page shows 1 inch, and the tables on the deck in the webcam picture look very thinly covered.

any wilmingtonians around this time in the morning?

WHat you see in the web cam is what they got. May be a little more up top but nothing to write home about. Going to be pretty hard today unless you follow the guns

Re: where is the storm?

Quote Originally Posted by -=koLLac=-
    I'm up in Plattsburgh and I was getting ready to wake up and have to shovel away this morning (dec 27). Needless to say, the new cover equals in density to that of the sugar on a diabetics cake. I'm hard pressed to believe that Whiteface got the announced 5 inches (the conservative forecast). Even their page shows 1 inch, and the tables on the deck in the webcam picture look very thinly covered
    Where did they report 5"? I know Gore reported 5", but, for Whiteface, I saw 3" reported yesterday, and 1" additional reported today.

sorry, wrong usage on my part...should have said forecasted. I've heard anything from 4 to 12 inches for that night, but it never materialized. But I guess tehre's been some snowfall overnight since we definitely got snow up here in Plattsburgh this morning (Dec. 2

Bottom line, it could've all been rain. So, especially this Winter, I'll be grateful for the little we got, and the fact that it's still cold enough to make some more snow.