Thread: can it be true?

can it be true?

i just saw on gores web that hawkeye was going to open tomorrow [sat]. i was there thursday,not agun on that trail. was anyone there today to fill us in. this is great news if true.

Re: can it be true?

Quote Originally Posted by jimmer
    i just saw on gores web that hawkeye was going to open tomorrow [sat]. i was there thursday,not agun on that trail. was anyone there today to fill us in. this is great news if true.
    oh by the way west mt is open ican see the lights from my back door.

Hey Jimmer, Believe it when you see it. like I said in my post today, the guns were really pumping up top for a change. Hawkeye will be a rush if it opens, ungroomed, big whales from the guns. I'd better calm myself, don't want to get too dissapointed if it doesn't happen. The thing is, I didn't see any guns on Hawkeye today.
    Do what you like, Like what you do!

im with you viper, i was there bright and early this morning, even did a run down pine knot to check out what guns i could see up top, they had a few throughout headwaters.. but nothing on hawkeye... hopefully they pump it out big time tonight....

Saturday the "mountain host" greeted me at 7:45. "Don't forget to hit hawkeye. It will be sweet."

So I blew off the triple, and waited in the gondi line. It stopped 7 times on the way up, as smarter people on the triple were ripping up the corduroy below.

I zoomed down Pine Knot. The Liftie tells me they need two hours. So I went down Tannery and asked the liftie there - when will hawkeye be open. he tells me it JUST opened up. I asked if he was SURE - he said yes. So back down Pine Knot - not open arg.

Great communications guys.

I went back up after multiple sweet runs below. Hawkeye was sweet. Soft mushy bumps and lots of bear spots, but sweet.