Thread: SnowFall Record

SnowFall Record

Girdwood, AK - The record for the most snowfall in a month at Alaska's Alyeska ski and snowboard resort has been broken. Alyeska received 283 inches of snow – almost 24 feet – in December, breaking the previous monthly record of 274 inches set in January 2001 and far exceeding the previous December record of 247 inches in 2003.
    SnowEarlySpringLate

and we are still waiting for the the six inch storm at the base. What a crock.

Re: SnowFall Record

Quote Originally Posted by Phineas
    Girdwood, AK - The record for the most snowfall in a month at Alaska's Alyeska ski and snowboard resort has been broken. Alyeska received 283 inches of snow – almost 24 feet – in December, breaking the previous monthly record of 274 inches set in January 2001 and far exceeding the previous December record of 247 inches in 2003.
    Are they open yet? I know their season starts late due to lack of daylight. All that snow, but its too dark to ski.
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

i remember they moved World Cup event from Alyeska to Whiteface year or two ago, due to the lack of snow in Alaska..

Quote Originally Posted by Denison
    i remember they moved World Cup event from Alyeska to Whiteface year or two ago, due to the lack of snow in Alaska..
    That was a fun week. It was cool seeing Bodie race in person.
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.