Official MLK Dumping Post

Kids - this is starting to look like it could be a big terrain opening event. Gore has a 50/50 shot at being just barely north of the semi-frozen nastiness and it may well be at least a period of some real sweet fluff coming down. I thought I'd start a post where those close to the mountain could tell what's up.

Also - something cool - Garnet Hill Lodge - the great xc ski center in North River, puts out a pretty good daily update and now has a weather station that reports online temps, wind speed and some other stuff (when it's working). The ski shop there is at 2000' and within the shadow of Gore - it's a cool way for those not in the Creek to keep an eye on things. Check it out:

http://www.garnet-hill.com

M

good site thanks for the link. im thinking of going up tomorrow but the ice is sort of scaring me. wrgb is predicting 1/2-3/4 inch of freezing rain

http://www.cbs6albany.com/weather_7day.shtml
    Listen to the wind, It'll tell you things

6:45am- was all ready to go until i had a hard time getting my door open- if this was an all snow event it would be no problem but i decided it's not a good idea to mess with the ice today... see you on the hill tomorrow

Thanks for the info.

In North River at 2000':

Sunday - 2" snow

Monday

6:30am 23F snow and sleet
    8:45am 23F sleet

gross. i hope it turns to snow again.
    --------------------------

fight for a good park.

worth going up tomorrow?