Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg
    Thanks for the feedback everyone. I'll probably just sit tight a bit. My plan was possibly for this Friday, but I'm just going to hit Hunter instead (2 hours). Plenty of season left. Again, it'll need to be a day trip for me so I want to be sure it's worth it, although it sounds like it is currently.
    Hunter over Gore? ouch. Rumor and Lies are worth the drive.

Quote Originally Posted by takeahike46er
    Thanks for the feedback everyone. I'll probably just sit tight a bit. My plan was possibly for this Friday, but I'm just going to hit Hunter instead (2 hours). Plenty of season left. Again, it'll need to be a day trip for me so I want to be sure it's worth it, although it sounds like it is currently.
    Yeah yeah yeah. People just love to rag on Hunter. The place has legit black diamond terrain. Anyone is kidding themselves if they think otherwise.
    Greg

Greg,

you may concider weekend trip to both Gore/Whiteface instead of day trip to Gore only. I beleive It's an hour drive and multiday ticket is valid on both. Get a feel of skiing in Adirondacks. Also consider March Snowboard Cup weekend.

Denison/C2H5OH

Quote Originally Posted by Denison
    Greg,

you may concider weekend trip to both Gore/Whiteface instead of day trip to Gore only. I beleive It's an hour drive and multiday ticket is valid on both. Get a feel of skiing in Adirondacks. Also consider March Snowboard Cup weekend.

Denison/C2H5OH
    Probably a good idea. The problem is my allotted overnights/long weekend/extended ski vacations are all accounted for this season. Tough to boogie out of town overnight all that often with a 4 and 1-year old at home. When we all start skiing together as a family, this will certainly change.
    Greg

[quote="Denison"]Greg,

Denison/ the black eyed baby with the head wrap and gotee has a great idea,go for it ,do them both

Yeah yeah yeah. People just love to rag on Hunter. The place has legit black diamond terrain. Anyone is kidding themselves if they think otherwise.
    I never said Hunter did not have legit diamond terrain. There is just no substitute for the Rumor, that's all!

For the time being you will have to enjoy my avatar.

46er is right. Hunter has black diamond terrain ("legit" black diamond terrain is an iffy statement . . . I've skied the mountain at its toughest and it can't hold a candle to Gore, Whiteface, Stowe, Sugarbush, Sugarloaf, Jay, MRG, etc.).
    It's no Gore.

Come up here and sample the wares . . . then talk to us about expert terrain . . .

Quote Originally Posted by mattchuck2
    46er is right. Hunter has black diamond terrain ("legit" black diamond terrain is an iffy statement . . . I've skied the mountain at its toughest and it can't hold a candle to Gore, Whiteface, Stowe, Sugarbush, Sugarloaf, Jay, MRG, etc.).
    It's no Gore.

Come up here and sample the wares . . . then talk to us about expert terrain . . .

^FIGHTIN' WORDS
    Listen to the wind, It'll tell you things

Ooh this is gettin good.

To me Gore seems steep enough. What's the steepest mountain in NY/VT? Anybody know? (I don't).

Harv