Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: stolen Skis

stolen Skis

Friday 2/9 Black 2007 Volkl AC3 163's stolen from Saddle lodge about 11:00am

They belonged to a friend I was skiing with .... if anybody hears anything.... let me know thanks

Mike - so sorry to hear that. It is possible it was a mistake right? We can hope. Did you let the mountain know? If I took someones skis by mistake I'd return them to the office at the base lodge. I guess that's one thing about skiing tele...who would steal them.

Good luck.

man thats terrible, i cant stand that....

i usually engrave my name on the tip of my skis... seems to work... someone going for a nice pair of 06' rossi B2's is met with my name engraved and they think twice i hope..

Skis stolen from outside the Saddle lodge means either someone picked-up and skiied away on the wrong skis or someone picked them up and knew where/who to stash them in the lodge. I would think someone skiing away carrying a pair of skis would cause suspicion.
    Happy Trails

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Skimeister
    Skis stolen from outside the Saddle lodge means either someone picked-up and skiied away on the wrong skis or someone picked them up and knew where/who to stash them in the lodge. I would think someone skiing away carrying a pair of skis would cause suspicion.
    i agree definitely check with the mountain.
    --------------------------

fight for a good park.

Wow, not good. I was at Gore the previous week end and my wife was referring to me as "cityboy" because I would lock our skis everytime they were not on our boots. My theory is rather safe than sorry and my home hill in Pa. is known for ski/board theft at alarming rates. On top of all that, I just really like my skis.

I typed the intial post in haste while at my dad's and left out some very puzzling details ..... here is the rest of the story

There was a pair of 2007 AC3 170's in the rack --- with the same boot size bindings ----when his disappeared... so I thouhgt ...hmmm mistaken identidy ....then the plot thickens...

my friend goes in the saddle lodge and asks everybody in there if anyone is skiing the AC'3 ----NOPE....

I ask my friend if his poles are there.....NOPE... and his were new & BLACK.... the ones left behind were OLD and PURPLE (very Purple) ---hard to not notice that

my friend notified PAtrol and the lodge people and waited there for an hour.....we 3 of us who were with him went to the base.... I looked at the racks at the base lodge ---no AC'3 the other two watched the gondola line for the next 45 minutes no AC'3

--------------------
    then he then filed a report with the State Police --- probably not the wisest thing....as they told him if he kept the 170's that were left... they would have to charge him with Larceny--- so now he has bubkas

the left skis had a ski shop sticker on both skis in front of the bindings

the 163's had one from ALPINE HAUS on one ski behind the bindings

I will keep you posted if anything comes up

Quote Originally Posted by mikebike
    I typed the intial post in haste while at my dad's and left out some very puzzling details ..... here is the rest of the story

There was a pair of 2007 AC3 170's in the rack --- with the same boot size bindings ----when his disappeared... so I thouhgt ...hmmm mistaken identidy ....then the plot thickens...

my friend goes in the saddle lodge and asks everybody in there if anyone is skiing the AC'3 ----NOPE....

I ask my friend if his poles are there.....NOPE... and his were new & BLACK.... the ones left behind were OLD and PURPLE (very Purple) ---hard to not notice that

my friend notified PAtrol and the lodge people and waited there for an hour.....we 3 of us who were with him went to the base.... I looked at the racks at the base lodge ---no AC'3 the other two watched the gondola line for the next 45 minutes no AC'3

--------------------
    then he then filed a report with the State Police --- probably not the wisest thing....as they told him if he kept the 170's that were left... they would have to charge him with Larceny--- so now he has bubkas

the left skis had a ski shop sticker on both skis in front of the bindings

the 163's had one from ALPINE HAUS on one ski behind the bindings

I will keep you posted if anything comes up
    damn i was hoping that this thread would get positive prtty quick upon the finding of the ski's. Sorry to hear the bad news, it must have put a damper on your weekend. From the looks of things your two visits this year have not been the best. best of luck to your friend
    Listen to the wind, It'll tell you things

actually both trip were most excellent.....though Friday was a bit screwed up... I still managed 27,000 feet of vertical (measured with Garmin Edge 305)
    I did 25,000 on Thursday ....and 33,600 on Saturday....

even the prior trip in Jan though only 19 trails were open the snow that was there was a bunch of fun...

it was VERY windy in general both trips (though Saturday(2/10) was not bad wind wise and the snow was very nice.

my friend and I drove up separately and since he skiis there 4 days a week all winter... though he (and I ) were pi$$ed we did not let us ruin the day

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey44
    Mike - so sorry to hear that. It is possible it was a mistake right? We can hope. Did you let the mountain know? If I took someones skis by mistake I'd return them to the office at the base lodge. I guess that's one thing about skiing tele...who would steal them.

Good luck.
    Don't be so sure (I used to think the same thing.) Two years ago someone stole a woman's tele setup exactly like mine (Atomic TM-22's w/ Karhu 7TM's) from Gore.

I saw the SP and Sheriff there yesterday. It sucks!